1. Will a spray tan turn me orange? No! There are several misconceptions regarding this, however, they are due to bad practices during the early history of spray tanning. Dihydroxyacteone (DHA for short), the ingredient that darkens your skin was new and companies blended too much DHA into self-tanners that turned people interesting colors. The other misconceptions comes from spray tan booths that give a very heavy all over coat of spray tan solution. A high quality spray tan solution applied by a professional will be a customized color with the appropriate DHA level.
2. Can I swim in the pool(chlorine) or get in the hot tub? Water is a natural exfoliant. Hot tubs and pools have chemicals and salt water can dry out the skin. Hot tubs, pools, and salt water will greatly fade your tan. If you are going to enjoy the water while you have a tan rinse off with fresh water as soon as you get out.
3. Do I still need to apply sunscreen? Yes, tanning solutions do not provide protection against harmful UV rays. When choosing a sunscreen make sure it is oil free and alcohol free. I will include some photos below with recommendations.
4. How long will my sunless tan last? With proper preparation and daily moisturizing your tan will last approximately 7 to 10 days. Every clients' skin is different. As your skin naturally sheds dead skin cells, your tan starts to fade. The life of your spray tan depends on YOU. Use the right products, keep your skin healthy and moisturized for a prolonged tan and a smooth fade.
5. Is airbrush tanning safe during pregnancy? Always consult your doctor to see if sunless tanning is right for you.
6. How often can I get a airbrush tan? You can get a airbrush tan once for a special event or once every 7 to 10 days for a year round glow. Just make sure your sunless tan is completely off before your next appointment.
7. How is airbrushing tanning different from salon spray booths? Salon spray booths are a one size fits all machine that does not have the ability to reach all parts of your body. By having a spray tan artist professionally airbrush your sunless tan, you will have optimal results and custom coloring.
8. Are tanning solutions organic? In reality, there is no such thing as organic tanning solution, even though some carry the words "organic" on their packaging. I only use the best solutions that are paraben and gluten free, PETA approved Vegan, and Cruelty Free.
9. What can I wear after my spray tan? •Sundress • Loose sweat pants • Loose t shirt or tank top • Loose shorts • Flip flops
Unacceptable clothes are: • Yoga Pants • Jeans • Tight spandex tops or bottoms • Clothes with elastic waist bands • Socks • Sneakers • Closed shoes or boots DO NOT wear a Bra until after your first rinse